Wednesday 23 September 2015

Tagged for the Liebster Award

Original Liebster graphic here

Hi! I gathered a huge queue of things to write about but first I wan to change the lame first post that appears on my page. I was tagged for the Liebster Award by A Dorky Doll Collector and D7ana from Phillycollector. Thank you both! By the way, I have no idea what is up with Blogger, it changed all the domain names to .md (my country) and reset all my zoom settings so each time I opened a familiar blog I had to zoom in like the first time (you guys use the tiniest fonts)! So I hope all the blog links work.
Anyway, people are lining up to see my answers, let's start!

The rules are:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog (Done!)
2. Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
5. Invent 11 questions for your nominees.

Since I received two tags and I'm no good at thinking of random things to say, one set of questions will count as my 11 random facts.

The first 11 questions:

1. What is the one doll or toy related item that you dream of owning one day?
I have a wishlist album on my Facebook page. The highest up will have to be the J-dolls. I haven't added the Barbie wishlist dolls yet.



2. Anime, Yay or Nay?
I don't watch anime, except for Sailor Moon, which was a big part of my childhood and I love it to this day.

3. Favorite candy?
Not a fan, too sweet...

4. What would your dream job be?
I tire too easily. Even doing what I like for a day drains me so much that I have to recharge for several days afterwards. Is there a job that accommodates this?

5. What is your current favorite movie or TV show?
Friends for TV show and Pearl Harbor for movie.

6. What is your favorite doll or toy related item that you currently own?
Most of my dolls are gifts or otherwise connected to a happy memory. For today, I'm picking my only female Model Muse that was a present from hubby. He has great taste!



7. Have you ever cried during a movie or TV show that is mainly targeted at children?
I think everyone cried when Bambi's mother died.

8. What is your favorite holiday?
New Year

9. What is your favorite season?
Winter

10. Are you calm and collected, or happy and excitable?
Calm and collected, usually. The 10-second rule makes everyone's lives easier.

11. Is there someone that you currently look up to almost as an idol?
Tanya (Legends of Valkyrie). She was a wonderful friend and artist.

The next 11 questions:

1. How did you become a blogger?
I wanted to organize all the projects that were using a lot of CPU in my head. I kept forgetting things I wanted to do or how I did them but now I have folders for everything and I can share my knowledge with others instead of bugging my husband.

2. What was your favorite subject in school and why?
Biology. No idea why, I just like it.

3. You can be any doll you want, brought to life. Which doll are you and why?
One without faulty articulation. Or glue in the head!

4. What is the coolest story ever connected to your blog?
Probably the World Doll Day tag from earlier this year. Usually when I say or write something in a discussion nobody seems to notice my input and I was very surprised to see my tag passed further on several popular blogs.

6. What do you do when you are not blogging?
Do stuff I later blog about. Help my husband. Try to stay alive.

7. What are your Grail dolls/action figures?
See p.1 in the previous set of questions. The first Grail doll for me was Dead Tired Cleo, I got her after a long hunt on eBay with a friend's help.

8. What three countries or cities would you like to visit?
UK, USA (Alaska) and wherever fjords are. Norway?

9. Is there a project you dream of accomplishing?
Fix my broken J-doll. Be more productive. I would love to work fast enough to open an Etsy shop with doll jewellery.



10. What are your favorite foods?
Things with tomatoes and sweet peppers.

11. Any tips you would give future bloggers?
Use an easy to read layout and font.
Make it easy to navigate (cut posts that are longer than one "page down" hit)
Make all the relevant information easy to find (contacts, archive, tags).
Blog about what you like, not about what is trending or what you think others like.
Balance the text with photos.
Edit your photos and videos.
Check your spelling. Proofread.

I'm tagging these 11 blogs (and everyone I missed who wants to join):

Confessions of a Doll Collector's Daughter

My 11 questions for you:

1. Do you collect anything besides dolls?


2. What is your favourite part about the doll hobby? (finding, redressing, repainting etc)
3. What was the first doll you added to your collection as an adult?
4. How did blogging help you with your hobby?
5. Name one doll or blog-related accomplishment that you're very proud of.
6. What is your favourite doll blog?
7. When you get stuck on a project, how do you get it going again?


8. What new skill would you like to learn?
9. What are your 3 favourite books or authors?
10. Which doll do you want the most at the moment?
11. If you had to evacuate immediately with no possibility of return, which is the one item you'd pack besides the emergency case?

Family members aside

Okay now! I wanted to write a real post for which I need some photos from Mum's camera. But first I have a medical thing to take care of on Friday, I hope to return alive!
Thanks for reading, I'm looking forward to seeing your answers. Feel free to tag yourselves if you like the questions (^^)~ 

The Black Kitty
(^^)~

8 comments:

  1. Cats and boxes! So adorable!

    Your jewelry looks nice. Did you make the hat your Model Muse is wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that was a hair clip, I just ripped off the clip part. They had a smaller and a bigger size, too!

      Delete
  2. Great answers and questions! It's nice to see a post of you and to read that you have posts coming up, I like your creative ideas very much! Your Model Muse is gorgeous! And so is your furry family member :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have plans to write about a MH partial repaint, as well as a long due review of 3 j-dolls and 2 Tonners. I'll try not to get the furry family member in the shots because she steals the whole show :)

      Delete
  3. Answers! https://dollyconfessions.wordpress.com/2015/10/02/the-liebster-award-tagged-by-blackkitty/

    ~Kewpie83

    ReplyDelete
  4. My answers here: http://themonstercrafts.blogspot.com.es/2015/10/tagged-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitten is adorable. Love those big green eyes.

    Thanks for answering the questions. I enjoyed reading about you and your feelings about this hobby. I laughed about your choice of being a doll with good articulation and no glue head. Great things I had not thought about.

    I'm noting some of your blog suggestions ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I found some old comments I haven't seen earlier, sorry! I'm passing your compliments to my cat (^^)~
      Hope you're doing better these days.

      Delete

Brighten up my day with your comment ;) It will mean a lot to me.
Open to anyone, including anonymous.