Friday 12 June 2015

World Doll Day 2015 - a tag


Hey, tomorrow is the second Saturday of June and that can only mean one thing - it's World Doll Day! Now this is very last minute, but I wanted to mark it somehow so I decided to start a little tag. I think this is the kind of thing anyone can put together no matter how busy they are! Who's willing to participate?


Just to get the question of my absence out of the way first - several things happened. Mostly I was overwhelmed with the cat. Raising a baby to adulthood is not my cup of tea, even if it's a cat baby and I adore cats. On top of it, I experienced failure after failure on the doll front and I don't have much to show for. I think I should start writing shorter posts without waiting until something is finished just to log all the experiments, good and bad. The last thing that kept me away was another big project idea that is unrelated to this blog but used a lot of my brain processing power. Anyway, enough about this. I'll gather my thoughts and write more at a later time.

Let's start the 2015 World Doll Day tag!

1. List 3 favourite dolls from the ones you got last year.
2. List 3 dolls currently on your wish list.
3. Tag 5 people to do the same thing! It doesn't have to be bloggers, any people who can upload pictures/videos and write words online will do :)

I'll go:

1. Favourite dolls

The J-dolls


Out of the three I got, I like Camden High Street's design the most, but since she has issues at the moment, I pick Crescent Road.

The Monster High Zombie Shake set with Rochelle&Venus


I love this set so much. I can think of very few things I want to change. I wish they did more of these darker, monster-y designs. I'm afraid I didn't introduce them here officially. My bad.

Mattel Twilight boy


Sorry for the lame photo. My battery was running out when I took these and the dolls aren't at my house. I didn't introduce this one either. This guy has the male Model Muse body which is nicely sculpted, like the female. I love it. I want more Model Muse dolls.

2. Wishlist dolls:

A Tonner doll

I'm leaning more towards the Antoinette because she is wigged and cheaper, but I also fell in love with the Precarious sculpt after seeing one of them artfully photographed by April of Fashiondollart. The series also have clothes and shoes.

J-doll Takeshita Street


I chose a doll with the new body when they had great prices on Pullipstyle, but I wish I'd have picked Takeshita instead. I couldn't find a good offer later when I had another chance. J-dolls are amazing and I hope to have more.

A nice Model Muse Barbie


Many collectors don't like the stiff Model Muse bodies but I find them very pretty. I would love to have more such dolls - either Look, or Basics, or other Collector dolls.

3. I'll tag the following people and everyone else who wants to join in the fun!
Minhas Aventuras OOAK
Confessions of a Doll Collector's Daughter
My Little Doll Corner
Christina Articulates
BarbieBeauties

You can borrow the little graphic at the top of this post or make your own. I admit mine is quite uninspired. I didn't know which doll(s) to pick without singling out a particular race or brand and I even tried to let the cat pick a doll; I carried her in front of the doll shelves, but after she picked a music box, a cat figurine and finally a necklace (I have too much non-doll stuff on the doll shelves...), I just went with my first articulated doll because I have very fond memories of her and she can be posed :)

Did you plan a special activity for World Doll Day? If so, head over to Confessions of a Doll Collector's Daughter and tell her (also drop me a note)! If you didn't have time for anything, what would you like to do next year?

The Black Kitty
(^^)~

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I will for sure get this done soon!!! Happy World Doll Day! :)

    ~Kewpie83

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy World Doll Day to you too!

      Delete
  2. I was getting ready to tag you for this, when I discovered you were way ahead of the rest of us!!! So glad you finally posted. Love your taste in dolls. Have been waiting a long time and hope this will kickstart you into posting again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Blackkitty! Thanks for inviting me to do this tag. I love your picks, and we have some in common. I have just ordered my City Shine (so excited!) and I really love the Zombie Shake dolls too. I've got an Edward but I've been thinking about getting some other Twilight boys - they're so good. And although I don't have any, I look at J-Dolls all the time - your white-haired girl is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to come back and thank you for the tag. I hope you get some of your wishlist dolls this year!

    ReplyDelete

Brighten up my day with your comment ;) It will mean a lot to me.
Open to anyone, including anonymous.